Epstein ran the biggest sex ring ever and now Pam Bondi is engaged in biggest cover up ever!
The survivors deserve justice!
Jeffrey Epstein operated the largest child rape and adult sex trafficking ring ever uncovered in our nation given there are more 1,200 victims. That means Attorney General Pam Bondi is now engaged in the largest government sanctioned cover up ever seen in our nation—and she is doing this to protect the powerful men who abused the victims.
As a lawyer, I can tell there is on other way to see this. We have victims who have made statements detailing how they were abused in the possession of the DOJ. The DOJ also knows the identity of many abusers. And finally, there are numerous victims who have come forward demanding justice who will provide evidence, testify, etc.
In any other case involving sex crimes or child rape, those elements would trigger an investigation. That is especially true given the sheer number of victims involved. That is unless the prosecutors don’t want to see justice because they are siding with the criminals over the victims. And that is exactly what we are seeing here.
That is not just my view but more importantly the view of one of the outspoken, courageous Epstein survivors, Lisa Phillips. She was at the congressional hearing Wednesday where Bondi refused to even acknowledge her and the other survivors. In addition, Lisa has long been outspoken demanding justice.
I spoke to her recently where she made it clear that the DOJ is siding with the powerful men over the victims. Lisa shared this reality, “There’s 1,200 or more survivors--children, teens, and young women, right? They were all abused, groomed, pretty much the same M.O, pretty much brought in for Epstein or Ghislaine Maxwell, and then trafficked to others, and some of it gets super dark, very disturbing stuff.”
Lisa continued, “There’s this overwhelming amount of evidence and there’s so many people out there connecting the dots for the DOJ.” She then added the question all of us who want to see justice keep asking: “So why aren’t they holding some of these men accountable?!”
As Lisa explained, “The reason I spoke out was to get justice, was to get accountability.” But instead we are seeing the DOJ engage in what Rep. Jamie Raskin called last Wednesday a “massive Epstein cover-up” that is the biggest failure in Justice Department’s history!
This is all what Donald Trump wanted. Two weeks ago after the latest dump of Epstein files, Trump demanded we “move on,” saying, it’s “really time for the country to get on to something else.” He showed not even a hint of concern for the survivors. Instead, his focus as always was to protect himself and his wealthy friends.
In service of this goal, Bondi on Saturday night declared by way of a memo that all the Epstein files have been released. This move has been slammed by even some Republican lawmakers given the massive redactions by the DOJ and the fact that no one can trust Trump’s DOJ.
GOP Rep. Thomas Massie—who worked with Rep. Ro Khanna in spearheading the Epstein Transparency Act—on Sunday denounced Trump and his regime for the cover up. As Massie stated on ABC News, “Trump told us that even though he had dinner with these kinds of people in New York City and West Palm Beach, that he would be transparent. But he’s not.” Massie, added, Trump is “still in with the Epstein class. This is the Epstein administration, and they’re attacking me for trying to get these files released.”
Even before this memo, we had the second in command at DOJ, Todd Blanche --who was previously Trump’s personal lawyer—shockingly inform us there will be no criminal prosecutions arising from the file, saying the case “is over.” That is when Blanche infamously commented, “it isn’t a crime to party with Mr. Epstein.”
Unreal!! How could there be over one thousand victims, together with countless victims who are ready to cooperate to prosecute the abusers who raped and/or trafficked these women, yet DOJ says they don’t have the evidence to prosecute even one man?!
In contrast to Trump’s DOJ, in France, the Paris prosecutor’s office stated on Saturday that it had appointed magistrates to analyze the Epstein files to uncover potential crimes, “particularly of a sexual or financial nature,” committed by French citizens. In fact, French prosecutors said that they were officially opening an investigation into various well connected French citizens including Fabrice Aidan, a French diplomat whose name appears more than 200 times in the Epstein files. (Of course, Trump’s name appeared in the area of one million times in the files but he will never be charged by Trump’s DOJ.)
What we are seeing is exactly what Phillips warned when I spoke to her, “There is a human trafficking ring going on among powerful men and billionaires who have enough money to pay off certain people so that their names are out there or that this truth isn’t told.”
That truth is also the very reason Epstein received a sweetheart deal in 2007 from GOP US Attorney Alex Acosta that that he negotiated directly with one of Epstein’s lawyers, Jay Lefkowitz, a partner at Kirkland & Ellis – the law firm where Acosta was previously a partner. And worse, Acosta did not even notify the victims of the proposed deal because he knew they would object to the whitewashing of Epstein’s heinous crimes.
Let’s be clear. This is not about politics nor Trump. This must be about the survivors of the largest sex trafficking and blackmail scheme we’ve seen in our lifetimes. And now we are seeing the largest cover up of sex trafficking crimes in our lifetimes.
We must continue to scream for justice—the survivors deserve at least that much after what they have endured!
