Wednesday, March 07, 2007

New Art from g2 Gallery - Fort Guerin

Artist's Statement:

Writing has always been a struggle for me. I would sit down and attempt to write stories, only to find that it was much harder than painting. I assumed that if I spent the same time on my writing as I did with my painting, I would be able to develop my writing into something that would be bearable. Well that never happened, and I always felt guilty about taking time away from my painting. I finally arrived at a compromise of combining imagery with text. The images act as a spring board in developing a story. From a distance, the miniature text appears as lines in the background. However, as you approach the painting and realize that what you thought were lines are actually words, you are drawn in and the painting takes on a certain intimate quality. The text ultimately becomes part of the aesthetic quality of the painting.



"Listen to the Night Move"



"Friday Nights"



"Punk Rocker"

Total Pageviews

GOOGLE ANALYTICS

Blog Archive