Tuesday, August 17, 2021

LIN'S BIN WXRT

 

Here's the transcript of yesterday's Lin's Bin about masks, vaccines and other stuff.

 

Nancy writes, In the past year I have learned that a mask over just the mouth will only work if you're a mouth breather. 

What has Lin Brehmer learned?

 

I’ve learned that Chicago is more relatable when people are safe to walk the streets.

 

And when a perfect summer day arrives and bicycles are rolling on the lakefront and young people are lazing away the afternoon on the beach and sailboats are tilting into the swells, Chicago seems like the best place on earth.

 

I have learned that some people will wear masks when asked, some people will wear masks but only up to their upper lip and some people will do somersaults of logic to never wear a mask.

 

I’ve learned that liberty is now a euphemism for selfishness.

 

I’ve learned the longer Covid finds willing hosts the better chance it has of mutating into more dangerous variants.

 

I’ve learned that many people on ventilators who were never vaccinated wish they were.

 

I have learned that the phrase: “What do you have to lose?” may convince some people to try a drug called hydroxychloroquine even though they never heard of it.

 

I’ve learned that the same phrase may not convince people to try a vaccine that has been administered to over 4 billion people with few side effects.

 

I have learned that people who have refused to get a vaccination do not want to hear why they should get a vaccine.

 

I’ve learned that the mere suggestion that one should wear a mask or get a vaccination will make people angry with me.

 

I’ve learned that I’ve reached a point where I don’t care if people are angry with me because I believe it’s more important to join a chorus of doctors and scientists who only want to prevent sickness and death.

 

My cousin is a doctor in Texas. A few days ago I asked him how things were going. He wrote,

“I was covid doctor last week. We have escalated from 1 covid-19 units to 4. Had 2 fathers in their 50s die. Both unvaccinated as are 98% of my covid patients. So sad and so frustrating. As I was told on vacation, I need to invent a vaccine against stupid.”

 

I’ve learned that David Ross can still stand after being knee-capped.

 

I’ve learned that our memories are short.

 

I have learned that a world with live music is better than a world without live music.

 

I’ve learned that we not only missed live music, but we missed the people we always saw where the live music was.

 

I’ve learned that everyone remembers where they were the last time they saw a band on a stage before the lockdown.

 

I have learned to be thankful for restaurants who managed to re-open and pray this winter will not force them to close their doors again.

 

I have learned that the reason I enjoy going to restaurants with friends is because chefs cook better than I do. And good friends and good food is a kind of salvation in a world hungry for grace.

 

This is Lin’s bin on 93XRT

Total Pageviews

GOOGLE ANALYTICS

Blog Archive