Monday, June 11, 2012

AN IMMEDIATE RESPONSE TO THE ETIQUETTE POST FROM JONATHAN PLOTKIN


Howard.... I must take issue with your negative characterization of doodlers not paying attention. I have been happily doodling all my life in class and in lectures and frankly every chance I get. It's key to the way I process information. In fact I got though graduate school on the comprehensiveness of my doodles which once interpreted ( by me of course) became verbatim notes for study groups if which i was a part especially with select foreign students who needed the extra detail because of language differences. I was the least able member of my groups in these instances however my ability to recall every word said in a lecture by looking at my doodles was nothing short of magnificent if I must say so myself! Even today, 30 years later my files and documents are often covered in drawings. Every spare piece of paper at home especially near a phone is precious to me and is covered in doodles. I am a firm believer that some children if allowed to doodle in class would comprehend what was being taught much better and faster. In short don't diss the doodler!!


Best personal regards

Jonathan
Www.Spontoonist.com

Total Pageviews

GOOGLE ANALYTICS

Blog Archive