Rubio to talk innovation, education in Chicago at 1871
Republican presidential candidate, Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla. shakes hands after speaking at a town hall meeting, Thursday, June 25, 2015, in Exeter, N.H. ( (Jim Cole, AP)
By Rick Pearson
Republican presidential candidate Rubio to talk innovation at Chicago tech hub 1871 Tuesday
Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, a Republican presidential contender, is in Chicago to make a Tuesday morning speech and host a discussion on fostering innovation at 1871, the city’s digital entrepreneur hub.
Following a theme of trying to paint GOP rival former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and Democratic contender Hillary Rodham Clinton as symbols of past leadership, Rubio will tell the audience that Americans need “a new president for a new age — one with original ideas to unlock the two great doors to the future: the doors of innovation and education,” according to prepared remarks.
"For the first fifteen-and-a-half years of this century, Washington has looked to the past. Our economy has changed, but our economic policies have not. And we have learned, painfully, that the old ways no longer work --- that Washington cannot pretend the world is the same as it was in the '80s, it cannot raise taxes like it did in the '90s, and it cannot grow government like it did in the 2000s.
The race for the future will never be won by going backward," Rubio contends in his prepared remarks.
“My innovation and higher education agendas form only a segment of the policy blueprint I have drawn up for my presidency, but my whole vision is built on a simple concept: New opportunities cannot be seized by old ideas, and the future must be embraced with enthusiasm and vision,” Rubio will say according to his prepared remarks.
After his policy speech in Chicago, Rubio embarks on a three-day campaign swing in Iowa, the nation’s first presidential caucus state. He's got several stops scheduled, including a young professionals group in Des Moines, a cookout in Windsor Heights, a breakfast of conservatives in Urbandale, a luncheon in Cedar Rapids and a meet-and-greet coffee in Davenport.
LINKS TO RELATED SITES
- My Personal Website
- My Facebook Page
- My Twitter Page
- My LinkedIn Page
- My Instagram Page
- My Wikipedia Page
- My GOOGLE+ Page
- My ABOUT.ME page
- My KLOUT Page
- My KRED Page
- G2T3V, LLC Site
- G2T3V, LLC Email
- G2T3V, LLC Facebook Page
- My INC. Blog Posts
- My Built in Chicago Blog Posts
- My Channel on YOUTUBE
- My Videos on VIMEO
- My Boards on Pinterest
LINKS TO RELATED BUSINESSES
- 1871 - Where Digital Startups Get Their Start
- BCV Evolve
- HighTower Advisors
- Options Away
- Packback Books
- Philo Broadcasting
- Popular Pays
- ► 2017 (373)
- ► 2016 (930)
- 1871 CEO HOWARD TULLMAN SPEAKS TO "GIRLS WHO CODE"...
- 1871 AT CHICAGO SCHOLARS FISRT LOOK JOB FAIR
- FOREVER 21 EXHIBIT AT BREAKFAST
- BREAKFAST HQ IN BROOKLYN
- THE ELF AT 1871
- BIC DIGITAL LEADERS LUNCH AT RPM ITALIAN
- 1871 hosts students for ThinkChicago Job Fair
- CONGRATS TO COYOTE
- 1871 WELCOMES PROFESSOR RIVKA CARMI - PRESIDENT OF...
- 1871 WELCOMES THE PRIVATE BANK TEAMS FOR TOUR
- New INC MAGAZINE PLOG POST BY 1871 CEO HOWARD TULL...
- We're tops for women-led startups
- 1871 well-represented in Naperville
- Paws Chicago beach party
- 1871 WELCOMES GOVERNOR BRUCE RAUNER
- 1871 Welcomes Avant CEO Al Goldstein
- Fundraising in the Digital Age
- PAWS BEACH PARTY TONIGHT
- How The Small State Of Israel Is Becoming A High-T...
- JELLYVISION CEO AMANDA LANNERT VISITS THE STARTUP ...
- 1871 and magictags at google geek fest
- Deloitte TGIF at 1871
- 1871 CEO Howard Tullman Speaking at DEX Marketing ...
- 1871 Hosts Founders Stories with Al Goldstein from...
- 1871 Hosts Developing Digital Diversity Open House...
- Two New 1871 Companies Featured in Crain's Chicago...
- NEW INC. MAGAZINE BLOG BY 1871 CEO HOWARD TULLMAN
- 1871 HOSTS IOT PRESENTATIONS IN CONNECTION WITH TE...
- 1871 welcomes Atmel Tech on Tour
- FRESHII PRE-OPENING FIRESIDE CHAT WITH FRESHII CEO...
- ARTS AND CULTURE TRANSITION GROUP MEETS WITH MAYOR...
- 15TH ANNUAL GOOMBAY BASH
- Seth Godin: Raising money is not the same thing as...
- 1871 SCORES HIGH IN CRAIN'S TECH 50
- New Podcast with 1871 CEO Howard Tullman
- 1871 Hosts DonorPath Press Conference for Non-Prof...
- 1871 CEO Meets with Yolobe Interns to Discuss Entr...
- 1871 CEO Howard Tullman Speaks on Tech Trends at A...
- 1871 CEO Howard Tullman in Microsoft BizSpark Vide...
- ITA Reveals Judges List for 16th Annual ITA CityLI...
- TECHWEEK - Donn Davis & Jim O'Connor
- 1871 Welcomes Lord Maude - UK Minister for Trade a...
- 1871 Welcomes Pastor Chris Harris
- Accenture Lumity Event at the Loft
- 1871 Hosts Education Session on the Cloud Tax
- 1871 welcomes Team from JP Morgan Chase
- Always a Smile for Jim Slama
- HighSight Benefit
- Startup AdYapper Raises $4.5 Million, Promising to...
- New INC Magazine Blog Post by 1871 CEO Howard Tull...
- 1871 Hosts NVPG for Tour and Presentation by 1871 ...
- 1871 Welcomes Australian Productivity Commissioner...
- New Chicago Bitcoin Center sees future in digital ...
- Bitcoin center launched at 1871 in Merchandise Mar...
- Chicago Bitcoin Center Launches at 1871
- 1871 Welcomes CORPORATE PARTNERS, MEMBER COMPANIES...
- 1871 CEO Howard Tullman Speaks at LEAP INNOVATIONS...
- 1871 welcomes City Treasurer Kurt Summers
- How Big Companies Accidentally Kill Startups
- Floating Record sets Chicago Kickstarter mark, $1M...
- New INC. Magazine Blog Post by 1871 CEO Howard Tul...
- 1871 STATEMENT ON CLOUD TAX
- 1871 WELCOMES SENATOR MARCO RUBIO FOR TOUR AND TAL...
- Chicago Technology and Innovation: 1871 CEO Howard...
- Rubio to talk innovation, education in Chicago at ...
- 1871 Welcomes Senator Marco Rubio for Tour and Rem...
- 1871 CEO Howard Tullman Interviewed by Daily Whale...
- SF tech firms too focused on solving problems for ...
- Why I’m Doubling Down On Israel By Lou Kerner
- DTZ TGIF at 1871
- New 1871 Accelerator Looks to Create Opportunities...
- PROPERTY WEEK INTERVIEWS 1871 CEO HOWARD TULLMAN
- Howard Tullman ’67 became a force for entrepreneur...
- 1871 WELCOMES SENIOR EXECUTIVES FROM BMW
- 1871 welcomes delegation of CEOs from Denmark
- 1871 welcomes Steve Betts and team from BCBS ILLIN...
- 1871 WELCOMES SENTE INTERNATIONAL STARTUP ACCELERA...
- 1871 Welcomes Jeff Malehorn and Dennis Vicchiarel...
- 1871 welcomes Howard Fisher from Northern Illinois...
- HAT 70th Birthday Celebration
- 1871 CEO HOWARD TULLMAN INTERVIEWED ON WGN PODCAST...
- 1871 CEO Howard Tullman to be Honored by America-I...
- Northwestern's Garage aims to be engine for studen...
- ▼ July (86)
- ► 2014 (867)
- ► 2013 (528)
- ► 2012 (418)
- ► 2011 (389)
- ► 2010 (416)
- ► 2009 (484)
- ► 2008 (573)
- ► 2007 (495)
- ► 2006 (49)