New web series on success entrepreneurship
Malachi Leopold shooting 24-episode series this month
This winter, Malachi Leopold of Left Brain/Right Brain Productions is rolling out the 24-episode entrepreneurship web series, “Trep Life,” which he says offers a “unique, 360-degree view of what it takes to succeed as an entrepreneur.”
The series been funded, and the first 12 episodes will be shot through the end of February. Episodes will play on treppingout.com and various streaming services and social networking sites.
Leopold is producing with Scotty Cadenhead of Cadenworks LLC.
Each six to eight minutes episode includes segments showcasing “The Grind,” “The Hustle,” and “The Payoff” for each “Trep.”
Early episodes feature Matt Archer of redbox, Howard Tullman of Tribeca Flashpoint Academy, Mike Samson and Ross Kimbarovsky of crowdSpring, and Matt Maloney and Mike Evans of GrubHub.
Leopold continues to balance his business-focused production work with a thriving humanitarian impulse. In October, he shot a team from the American Bar Association’s Rule of Law Initiative addressing rampant sexual violence in the Democratic Republic of Congo, interviewing girls and women who were raped in the ongoing civil unrest there.
Filming in the Congo a harrowing experience
“We filmed their work at a legal clinic, and the entire proceedings of a military tribunal, which brought several police and army officers to trial for rape, attempted rape, and allowing other sex offenders to escape,” Leopold says.
While filming at a rural prison where convicts from the tribunal were sent, inmates blocked Leopold and the ABA team from leaving until one of his companions was able to secure their release with a bribe.
“As we were walking away, I was having difficulty processing exactly what happened,” Leopold writes in his blog. “Not wanting to process it, not wanting to think about how easily a mob can turn.”
“The documentary is going to be used to help promote and expand the work of ABA ROLI in the Congo, in addition to other projects it manages in over 40 countries throughout the world,” Leopold says.
“We will hold public screenings in D.C., Chicago, Seattle, and possibly some other cities, in addition to online distribution.”
This spring Leopold begins work with L.A. producer Ellie Drake on a three-year documentary about “an effort to promote forgiveness and collaboration” between Palestinian and Israeli women.
Left Brain/Right Brain is also branching into the eBook market with “State of Chicago,” a series evaluating Chicago for entrepreneurship, the arts, poverty, and education.
“These are the four areas we are most focused on as a company,” Leopold says, “and we want to use this series as a way of engaging the community in a focused and collaborative way that results in improving and strengthening the Chicago community.”
LINKS TO RELATED SITES
- My Personal Website
- My Facebook Page
- My Twitter Page
- My LinkedIn Page
- My Instagram Page
- My Wikipedia Page
- My GOOGLE+ Page
- My ABOUT.ME page
- My KLOUT Page
- My KRED Page
- G2T3V, LLC Site
- G2T3V, LLC Email
- G2T3V, LLC Facebook Page
- My INC. Blog Posts
- My Built in Chicago Blog Posts
- My Channel on YOUTUBE
- My Videos on VIMEO
- My Boards on Pinterest
LINKS TO RELATED BUSINESSES
- 1871 - Where Digital Startups Get Their Start
- BCV Evolve
- HighTower Advisors
- Options Away
- Packback Books
- Philo Broadcasting
- Popular Pays
- ► 2017 (452)
- ► 2016 (930)
- ► 2015 (1001)
- ► 2014 (867)
- ► 2013 (528)
- ► 2012 (418)
- TULLMAN COLLECTION ARTIST SHARON SHAPIRO IN ATLANT...
- TULLMAN COLLECTION ARTIST NICK WARD FEATURED IN PO...
- TRIBECA FLASHPOINT ACADEMY WELCOMES BOB THOMPSON F...
- TULLMAN COLLECTION ARTIST AUSTIN PARKHILL PAINTING...
- TULLMAN COLLECTION ARTIST MATTHEW DAUB IN SOLO SHO...
- A TRIP BACK TO THE FUTURE (Tribeca Flashpoint Medi...
- TRIBECA FLASHPOINT ACADEMY WELCOMES INDUSTRY PROS ...
- NEW ART FOR TULLMAN COLLECTION BY TRACY STUCKEY
- TRIBECA FLASHPOINT ACADEMY WELCOMES THE SEXY HEROE...
- NEW ART FOR THE TULLMAN COLLECTION - PUSH PIN PORT...
- TULLMAN COLLECTION ARTIST VICTOR WANG FEATURED IN ...
- TULLMAN COLLECTION ARTIST TERRI THOMAS FEATURED IN...
- TULLMAN COLLECTION ARTIST MELISSA COOKE FEATURED I...
- TULLMAN COLLECTION ARTIST DIRK DZIMIRSKY FEATURED ...
- Art School Runs Afoul of Facebook’s Nudity Police
- Tribeca Flashpoint Media Arts Academy CEO Howard A...
- WTTW HOSTS MAYORAL PANEL DISCUSSION
- TULLMAN COLLECTION ARTIST LACEY LEWIS TALKS ABOUT ...
- SELECTIONS FROM NEW YORK ACADEMY OF ART SHOW AT FO...
- CLAYMATION VIDEO FOR SEXY HEROES' NEW SONG - ZOMBI...
- TRIBECA FLASHPOINT ACADEMY FILM CREW SHOOTS CHICAG...
- TRIBECA FLASHPOINT ACADEMY HONORS RECENT GRADS SEL...
- TRIBECA FLASHPOINT ACADEMY HOSTS ALUMNI DINNER & E...
- TRIBECA FLASHPOINT ACADEMY CEO HOWARD TULLMAN'S SO...
- MUDD AND TRIBECA FLASHPOINT AT NADA SHOW 2011
- TRIBECA FLASHPOINT ACADEMY CEO HOWARD TULLMAN INTE...
- ▼ February (26)
- ► 2010 (416)
- ► 2009 (484)
- ► 2008 (573)
- ► 2007 (495)
- ► 2006 (49)