- Give 90 minutes of your time & bring a blank check to be made out for $100 to a deserving, local charity.
- Enjoy a beer/wine, eat some nosh and do a little networking with great people, then get an opportunity to make a Big Impact with a Simple Concept.
What You Need To Know:
- Our Q3 gathering will be held: Thursday, August 13th from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM at the beautiful showroom of Knoll Modern Furniture, Suite 1111 inside the iconic Merchandise Mart.
- Networking and fundraising accomplished in just 90 minutes!
- Everyone's money is the same - just $100 from each attendee is pooled into one huge donation that is awarded to a charity decided on that night!
- Feel free to bring friends and get us well beyond our target of $10,000 with the Power of 100+!
- Drinks and food will be provided.
- Special Keynote Speaker: Howard Tullman (CEO of 1871)
- Each attendee commits to donating $100 per gathering ($400 per year).
- The donations will be given to a local, Chicago-based 501(c)3 charity serving the Greater Chicago Area. No national charities will be considered. The purpose is to focus 100% on the community. Events will be held quarterly and will last 90 minutes. 45 minutes social & 45 minutes business.
- From 6:00–6:45 p.m. any member wishing to present can submit their name and charity for the drawing (not required). Three speakers will be drawn. The business portion of the meeting will begin promptly at 6:45 p.m. After remarks from our 100+ M.C. and speakers, all members vote on the winning charity.
- All checks are collected and delivered to the charity the following week. WE WILL DONATE EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR! Simple concept, Big impact.
I'm not able to make the event on August 13th (6:00pm - 7:30pm). Can I still be a part of the 100+ Who Care Chicago Chapter?
Yes, you can certainly still be a member of the 100+ Who Care Chicago Chapter! If you are unable to make this event, but would still like to donate, you may consider asking another attendee to donate in your name or to provide a check for $100 for them to address with the name of the winning charity.
For future events, follow 100+ Who Care Chicago Chapter on Twitter, Facebook or Linkedin. We will be holding one event per quarter, so stay tuned.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
No. However, all attendees enjoying a beer/wine must be 21 or older.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Street parking and garages are available, as well as a discount on parking courtesy of sponsor Park Whiz. The Brown Line CTA stops at Merchandise Mart, as well.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
The only thing you need to bring to the event is a blank check to be made out for $100 to the charity that is voted on by all attendees.
Do I have to present a charity? Do I need to be prepared with slides?
No. Only if you wish, you may put your name in the hat to be drawn (three are drawn). If you do and you are drawn, you will have 3-5 minutes to say a few words. You will NOT have the option to present slides or use the A/V in any way.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please contact Info@100pluswhocarechicago.com.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No. The event is free (except for the check for donations per above). Please bring friends and share the event on social media to illustrate the Power of 100+!
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
While we suggest that you register ahead of time for the event, if you step in for a registered attendee then that is fine. We encourage all attendees to spread the word and bring as many people who seek to do good (so long as attendees are aware that they will be expected to donate $100 to the top vote getting charity).