Tuesday, October 13, 2009

NEW ART FOR TULLMAN COLLECTION FROM JENNY MORGAN - SHOW AT PLUS GALLERY IN DENVER

"OLD SOUL"



Artist's Statement:

I asked Syrie to model for me and be apart of the show because I had always been drawn to her. She and I moved to New York from Denver around the same time, so I was able to photographer her in her apartment and see her surrounding. Syrie is a photographer and often models for other artists- she views herself as a muse and I have to admit that I definitely have an art crush on her. After going through and editing the 50 or so photos I took of her, I was most drawn to a simple pose- arms down and her expression looking innocent. I painted in her figure and decided to leave her hair open, exposing the red and pink under-painting. I then sanded down the paint in a circle encompassing her face, creating a slight halo of static. Her vibrant red mane exemplifies my adoration for her and speaks to her strong spirit. - Jenny Morgan, 2009

Total Pageviews

GOOGLE ANALYTICS

Blog Archive