Sunday, April 29, 2007

Day Four - Part 2 - Art Chicago 2007

Well, it's been another busy day - Art Tour at the loft in the morning for several groups. Chris and Sheila Kennedy and some friends from Jackson Hole stopped by - not much photographic evidence on our side, but hopefully the Mart's professional photog got some good shots. Here's the best we came up with:



Chris noted that I seem to have an affinity for the female form. Not that I didn't notice him taking a few good ganders himself.





And the afternoon was spent grabbing a few more great pieces.

I have admired Till Freiwald's work for a while on a huge scale and was lucky enough to find a medium-sized piece at Jack Shainman Gallery which was really special. He uses no photographic assistance and paints for life in usually a dozen sittings.
This piece is entitled "J.S."



The shot above was my digital shot from the show. Even with the shadow from the shelf above, I think it better reflects the warmth of the piece than the gallery's reference shot below.




Bert Green from Los Angeles is another dealer with a great eye and I always like to see what new artists he has brought to the shows. He had two strong pieces from Scott Seidman (and a whole bunch more back at the gallery) and I bought one for the moment called "The Three Graces" and had the same issue with my shot and the gallery reference shot. I think that it must be that I'm adjusting for the light conditions on the spot. It just seems like the images are less flat and a lot warmer. In any case, here're both versions.



It's a close call because the gallery shot has more precise detail and better blues.



Here's Scott's Artist's Statement

Total Pageviews

GOOGLE ANALYTICS

Blog Archive